On this past Sunday's run I seriously overdressed and found myself shedding layers. While I stashed my hat in my waistband I thought it would be handy to have some sort of lash point on the hat to securely attach it to my runner's fanny pack. That way, I wouldn't have to worry about losing the hat en route.
When I got home, I went to work poking around for supplies. I found a small length of webbing from a from a recent project, grabbed a needle and thread, and started planning where the loop would be attached to the hat. The result was going to be ugly, that much I knew.
And then Shira came along with a brilliant recommendation: sew the loop on the inside of the hat. Turns out, there was an even simpler solution: sew together the tags already present on the inside of hat, making the four tags(!) into two secure'ish loops.
And that's what I did:
I've now got my lash point and didn't scar the hat in the process. Heck, the whole project took less time than writing up the up this blog post.