Here are 6 apps that I've been using to turn T-mobile G1 into more than a typical phone. They are all free, and can be installed by going to the Market application and searching by the name mentioned below.
- A Online Radio - Turn your phone into a jukebox with unlimited, free music. This app works this magic by giving you access to ShoutCast.com and other radio streams.
- GeoBeagle - Turn your phone into a GeoCaching tool. Using this app, you can get outside and do some treasure hunting.
- Sky Map - Turn your phone into an astronomy assistant. This app leverages Google Sky, plus the built in compass and GPS to easily help you find the constellations in your area.
- Stumble Upon Video - Turn your phone into a channel surfing good time. StumbleUpon is a remarkable service that will recommend surprisingly interesting web content. This app on your phone, does the same thing for video. From gnarly crashes, to French cooking tips, you can see a bit of everything here. And if you don't like what you see, you're just a single click from more content.
- TuneWiki - Turn your phone into a karaoke machine. I'm not quite sure I completely get this app, but I can tell you that it's possible to type in a song name, and have it and the lyrics pop up in a few seconds. Finally, I can belt out country music and get the words right.
- Qik - Turn your phone into a TV station. Just sign up with Qik.com and in a few seconds, you can be broadcasting content from your cell phone to the rest of the world. It's all live and in real time. Anyone can visit your personal page and see what you're broadcasting.