Elizabeth asked for some Android App suggestions a while back, and I've been embarrassingly late in replying. But here goes. I've decided to organize the apps by task. Hope that helps.
Any favorite apps you see I've forgotten?
- On Location Blogging: Bloggeroid + Blogger + Snapseed (edit/optimize photos) + SoundCloud (capture/publish audio) + SwiftKey (faster typing)
- Life Outdoors: MyTracks (logging your route) + c:geo (geocaching) + My Radar (how soon will it rain?) + GPS Test (when's sundown?)
- On The Road: Relax and Sleep (chill out) + Google Translate (where's the bathroom?) + Word Lens (Star Trek grade on-the-fly translation) + Night Light + Dock Clock + Yelp (where should we eat?)
- Hard at Work: Google Drive + Terminal IDE (ssh, git, bash) + Open Android SVN
- Program Anywhere, Anytime: Gambit Scheme + Droid Edit + External Keyboard Helper
- Feel the burn: Interval Timer + Sworkit (random, no-equipment needed workouts)
- Instant Entertainment: OverDrive (rent eBooks from your local library) + feedly (RSS) + Tapatalk (forums) + Comedy Central
- Rock Out: Pandora (personalized radio) + YouTube (any song, any artist, right now) + SoundCloud
- Get Stuff Done: Google Keep (TODO lists) + Amazon
- Automate and Prototype: Tasker + AutoRemote + Local NFC Plugin
- Stay informed: Scanner Radio
- Handy Utilities: Flash Blink + Draw! + GPS Test
- For the DSLR: Eye-Fi + Camera Remote + Helicon Remote + FolderSync (auto backup photos to the cloud)