The Perfect Shoes do not exist. I know this, and yet at every opportunity, I search for them. Here's my definition of the perfect shoe:
- As little styling as possible - they should just look like generic shoes
- No company logo
- No bright / flashy colors
- Work well with jeans, shorts and khakis
- In a pinch, should be able to wear them in a dressy context (while, say, traveling)
- In a pinch, should work for running and other exercise activities
- Should be cheap (less than $30)
Feiyue shoes come close: they've got the comfort and budget down, but Shira never liked the styling, and the logo makes it definitely a casual option. So, I continued to search.
And then a few weeks ago I discovered these guys at Old Navy:As you can see, it's a simple canvas sneaker, minus any logo or funky styling. And best of all, there were $21.00. I picked up a pair, and I've been finding them to be quite comfortable. They obviously don't replace my running, hiking or play in the mud shoes, but they do have quite a range of uses.
And if you act today, you can use the promo code WOW to save 30% off. That's shoes for about $15.00. That's hard to argue with, no?
I'll still be keeping an eye out for the perfect shoes, but until then, these are my new favorites.