It's hard to believe that I can get so excited about a tiny SD card to USB adapter, but it's true. I love this little chunk of plastic.
Instead of carrying around a regular USB thumb drive, I've gone to carry around one of these adapters with an 4Gig SD card in it. Combine this with the fact that my camera takes SD cards, and you can appreciate why this device is so handy. Consider:
- It's dirt cheap - costing about $3.00. I just lost the cap for mine, and bought two more to replace it.
- It's tiny and durable, so I can carry it in my pocket without worry
- It works great as replacement for the camera cable that inevitably I don't have with me when I want to transfer photos
- I can pop the SD card out of that I normally use as a thumb drive, and use it as a backup to my camera's SD card, should it fail or fill up.
- It's extensible - I can swap in a new, larger, SD card whenever I, effectively making it a larger thumb drive
Why can't all computer hardware be this simple and versatile?