I'm not usually a fan of the Super Bowl, but this year, I embraced it it 100% - catching every minute of play time, as well as every commercial (far more important, right?). I did skip out on part of the half time show, but when else was I going to get ice cream?
Here's my breakdown of the event...
- Best Goofy Ad: M&M's: "Sexy and I know it
- Runner up Best Goofy Ad: Sketchers: Mr. Quiggly
- Best ad that kinda petered out when I found out what it was for: Best Buy: Phone Innovators
- Most inspirational ad: A tie: Halftime In America and Hyundai: All For One Rocky Theme Song
- David's Favorite: Acura: Acrua NSX
- I still get a kick out of the Career Builder and E*Trade ads, so I'm one that hopes they'll keep up the themes.
- I so need to see every action movie advetised during the Super Bowl. In the end, I so won't, but that's OK.
- Check out some photos of the food pref below. Makes it look like we ate healthy, right? Yeah, it's amazing what you can do with a little selective photography.
- Oh yeah, the football was entertaining to watch too. I learned all about dangers of intentional grounding. Also learned David's Law - if the ball touches the receiver's hands, he should have caught it. Failing to do so, or failing to land with both feet in bounds, is unacceptable and shall be met with loud yelling at the television.
All in all, I had a great time. And I'm thankful that David and Maryn let us crash their party, and put up with me every time I said: "Hush, I think a commercial is coming on!"